6 Things to Consider Before Buying a Commercial Building
A roof is a building’s first line of defense against the elements.
A roof is the single most important factor in determining how long your building will last. The average life of a commercial roof is 20-25 years. That doesn’t sound like that’s very long, but think about it this way: that means you get to enjoy up to 4 decades of protection from Mother Nature! And don’t forget the added benefits of energy efficiency and reduced heating and cooling costs. With all these great perks, there are 6 things you should consider before making your purchase decision.
– Roofing material quality and durability
– Energy efficiency of roof system
– Building maintenance costs over the expected lifetime of the building
– Maintenance history on similar roofs, especially if you’re buying an existing commercial property.
– Resale value (and how it affects your lease) in case you sell or refinance
Obviously there are lots of things to consider and for someone that doesn’t have a background in construction or real estate; ensuring you’re making the best decisions for the what is likely the biggest investment you’ll make in your life, you want a trusted company to give your roof a once over.
So next time you’re considering a new building or getting ready to buy one, make sure that you consider all of these factors and more so that your roof is in the best shape possible for years to come!
– Make sure your roofing isn’t dated and current with today’s technology detailed inspection.
And give our team a call for a free inspection!
– We can make sure you’re getting the best roof for your buck.
– And our team of experts is always ready to answer any questions or concerns that come up during and after construction/inspection.